I used to work in advertising. Now I stay at home with my girls. You wouldn't think my advertising background would come in handy at home but it does. I have discovered that with my picky 3 year old sometimes getting her to eat just requires some clever marketing.
Take for example these sweet potato boats. What makes them a boat - they aren't! They just kind of resemble a boat and because I call them "boats" my daughter eats them right up. We just pick up our "boats" and eat them with our hands. I know classy, right, but you should see how my 15 month old eats hers.
My 3 year old likes plain boats. I like mine with salt & pepper, crumbled bacon & blue cheese. My 15 month old likes hers with melted cheddar cheese. Hers is not pictured because she was melting down and had to eat NOW.
The best thing about these is that they are super easy.
Ingredients (for mine)
- Small Sweet Potato = 4 pp
- 1 T blue cheese = 1 pp
- 1 piece of crumbled bacon = 1 pp
- Total = 6 pp for both boats (one whole sweet potato) or 3 pp for one half
- Prick sweet potato with a fork and microwave for 2-4 minutes until soft
- Slice sweet potato in half and top with your favorite spices & cheese & microwave until melted.