Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sweet Summertime!

Coconut Cream Pie
6 Weight Watcher Points Plus

It is so nice to approach the summertime without complete fear of the clothes. The shorts that I squeezed into last summer are literally falling off of me this year. I can actually take them off without unbuttoning or unzipping them. (I guess it is time to buy some new summer clothes)

At my weigh-in on Saturday I was down 1.2 pounds which puts me 1.6 pounds away from my goal. I can't believe it. To be honest I am a bet scared of being at my goal. I know this sounds silly but this is when the hard part really starts - keeping it off for good.

We had friends over on Saturday and I wanted to serve dessert that everyone could enjoy but wouldn't leave me feeling completely guilty. My Mom makes this coconut cream pie that is awesome. It makes enough to fill up a 9 x 13 pan which is way too much dessert to be trusted around me. So I thought I would try to cut the quantity down dramatically and make it healthier. I also but it into individual servings so it was impossible to have too much.

It took two attempts but I was happy with the results.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups Edy's Slow Churned Vanilla Ice Cream. slightly softend = 8 pp
  • 1 box instant coconut cream pudding = 10 pp
  • A few splashes of fat-free milk = 0 pp
  • 1/2 0f 8 oz container of fat-free cool whip, defrosted = 2 pp
  • 12 graham crackers, crushed = 18 pp
  • Total = 38 pp
  • 1/6th serving = 6 pp
Directions
  • Crush graham crackers in a plastic bag or in a food processor. Add water to soften the crumbs slightly. Normally you would combine the crumbs with butter to form the crust. I decided to try just water and I didn't really miss the butter. I definitely didn't miss the fat and calories! Press your bread crumbs with wet fingers into your serving dish. I used margarita glasses for mine.
  • Mix ice cream, box of pudding and a few splashes of fat-free milk with a mixer until well combined. You may have to let your ice cream set out for awhile to soften. You want to add just enough milk so you can pour the mixture. Pour mixture on top of crust.
  • Top with cool whip.
  • Chill in the fridge for a few hours or up to overnight.
You could make this even lower in points if you skip the crust. I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker