Sunday, June 26, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: Garage Sale, Weigh-in & A Grilling Experiment


Tilapia Piccata w/ Snap Peas
10 Weight Watcher Points Plus
(for the whole packet & yes there is fish under there)

It was a great weekend but busy weekend! I finished off a garage sale with a friend. Man was it good to get rid of a bunch of junk! It was a lot of work though. And not the most diet friendly activity. Stress + going through boxes in the basement = pizza cravings for me.

My friend did cook a bunch of healthy yummy food for me when I was at her house, which helped. I wish I would have taken a picture of this Ina shrimp she made. So good!!

I must not have done too much damage because I was down 2.2 lbs at my weigh-in. Which brings me .6 pounds away from my goal. I can hardly believe it.

I haven't had much time to try new recipes lately. Tonight I made Tilapia Piccata w/ snap peas from the June Self magazine. They had a whole story on packet grilling. You steam the food in packets on the grill so you don't have to use as much oil or butter (according to them; although they did call for 1 T of butter/packet?). These are also perfectly portioned because your whole meal is right in the packet. Click here for the recipe.

I thought the dish was good but I think the points where a bit high for tilapia. Confession: sometimes I don't calculate the points until after I have cooked and consumed a recipe. I don't advocate this approach!

I think in theory the packet approach could be really good and easy. I am going to try and look for some other packet grilling recipes. If you have anything that works for you let me know! I am trying to get better on the grill this summer.

I hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker