Thursday, April 14, 2011

Black Beans in Brownies?


Black Bean Brownies
4 Weight Watcher Points Plus

I probably would have never tried this brownie recipe if I hadn't had them at my daughter's playgroup. One of the moms made these when she hosted and I couldn't believe how good they were. They are of course not as good as regular brownies but they are very good considering the ingredients and they don't come with the guilt.

Obviously we liked them because I couldn't get my daughter, and well me too, to wait until they cooled before we tried them. I didn't even get a picture taken before we dove in. My three year old loved them. These are her words exactly, "I love brownies. Brownies are treats for little girls." She couldn't stop talking about them and she doesn't have to know these are a healthier version. (My one year old threw hers on the ground with the rest of her food.)

They actually taste even better when they have cooled for awhile.

Here is how you do it...

Ingredients
  • 1 can of black beans, drained & rinsed = 9 pp
  • 3 eggs = 6 pp
  • 3 T canola oil = 12 pp
  • 3/4 cup sugar = 16.5 pp
  • 1/4 cup cocoa powder = 2 pp
  • 1/4 cup chocolate chips = 4 pp
  • Total points = 49.5
  • One 12th of the pan = 4 pp
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips) and blend with an immersion blender. You could do this in the food processor or the blender.
  • Pour in greased 8 x 8 pan & sprinkle with chocolate chips.
  • Bake for about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker