Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Third Birthday... Season?


It seems like we have been celebrating my daughter's 3rd birthday forever. Maybe that is because we have been celebrating it for over three weeks now. It started two weeks ago with our visit to IL. We had an early celebration with the Grandparents in IL and some other family. Then we had her actual birthday this past Wednesday, which we commemorated with a trip to the mall to see the Easter bunny. Finally, we had her 3rd birthday party this weekend.

It was a Mommy & Me Fairy party. Wings, wands and crowns oh my! We had the usual kid birthday spread: pizza & cake but I did make a healthier option for the Mommy's and it was a big hit.


Crispy Pecan-Crusted Chicken
6 Weight Watcher Points Plus (for 5 ounce serving)


This recipe was from the Just 5 Weight Watcher cookbook. It was a big hit with the Mommy's. I used chicken tenders for mine and served them on a spinach salad. Pictured above is my first practice batch that I made earlier in the week with my monster potato wedges.

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • 4 (5 ounce) skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
  • 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
  • 1/3 cup plain dried bread crumbs (I used Italian because that is what I had)
  • 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasonings
Directions
  • Marinate chicken in buttermilk for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pecans, bread crumbs & Cajun seasoning in a dish. Coat chicken allowing excess buttermilk to drip off before coating. Lightly spray chicken on both sides with cooking spray.
  • Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray. Add chicken and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet and bake until chicken is cooked through 10-12 minutes.
Well this brings an end to the birthday season. Because of the party I missed my meeting and weigh-in so I don't have any weight loss updates this week. Now we can move on to the next holiday: Easter. Which is er next week already !?#@@??!!! Hopefully I can eat healthy for this next season too!

1 comment:

Becky said...

The Mommy food was amazing! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker