I didn't set out to make 0 point fries. It was actually an accident but I would call it a happy accident. I bought a butternut squash because I am challenging myself to try more veggies. It sat on our counter for a few days and then finally I had to use it. I decided to do fries because if I call something a fry my girls will eat and let's face it I will too.
I used a similar technique as my sweet potato fries. I actually forgot to put on any olive oil which is why they ended up being 0 points. I didn't miss the oil though.
- 1 Butternut squash peeled, seeds & pulp removed and cut into fries (0 pp)
- 1 beaten egg white (0 pp)
- 2 T flour (1 pp)
- Season Salt (you could use any spices you like here)
- Whole recipe = 1 pp
- Serving 1/4th of fries = 0 pp
- Prep your squash. Next time I think I will do this ahead of time because it is a bit labor intensive.
- Preheat oven to 400 or 450
- Toss fries in egg white.
- Add 2 T of flour and toss well
- Add in seasonings
- Cook for about 30-35 minutes on first side. Flip and cook about 5-7 minutes longer until browned.