Thursday, March 24, 2011

0 Point Butternut Squash Fries


0 Weight Watcher Points Plus (unless you eat the whole pan and then it is 1 pp)


I didn't set out to make 0 point fries. It was actually an accident but I would call it a happy accident. I bought a butternut squash because I am challenging myself to try more veggies. It sat on our counter for a few days and then finally I had to use it. I decided to do fries because if I call something a fry my girls will eat and let's face it I will too.

I used a similar technique as my sweet potato fries. I actually forgot to put on any olive oil which is why they ended up being 0 points. I didn't miss the oil though.

Ingredients
  • 1 Butternut squash peeled, seeds & pulp removed and cut into fries (0 pp)
  • 1 beaten egg white (0 pp)
  • 2 T flour (1 pp)
  • Season Salt (you could use any spices you like here)
  • Whole recipe = 1 pp
  • Serving 1/4th of fries = 0 pp
Directions
  • Prep your squash. Next time I think I will do this ahead of time because it is a bit labor intensive.
  • Preheat oven to 400 or 450
  • Toss fries in egg white.
  • Add 2 T of flour and toss well
  • Add in seasonings
  • Cook for about 30-35 minutes on first side. Flip and cook about 5-7 minutes longer until browned.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker