Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Family Breakfast


Total points for breakfast = 10 pp

At our house we have trouble with the family dinner. My hubby is in advertising so he works late on most days and I have two tots that are just like their Mama when it comes to being hungry - FEED ME RIGHT NOW OR I WILL MELTDOWN!!! So we end up eating most meals during the week sans Daddy. Because of this, I try to fix a nice family breakfast once and awhile so we can all eat together during the week.

Today in honor of St. Patty's day we had green eggs & ham. Well my girls ate toast because they are really picky but at least we all ate together, right?

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs (8 pp)
  • 1 slice of lean deli ham, diced (1 pp)
  • 1 slice of American cheese, diced (3 pp)
  • Sauteed Baby Spinach (0 pp)
  • 12 pp total
  • Serving is 1/2 of eggs = 6 pp
Directions:
  • If I have to tell you how to scramble eggs than you need more help than I can offer. :)
I had mine with some sprout bread from Trader Joe's. It is kind of like Eziekel bread and is a good source of protein and only 1 pp. I put 1 T of Valencia Roasted Peanut Butter with Flax seeds, also from Trader Joe's and is 3 pp for 1 T.

And of course I had a big cup of coffee. 0 pp and very necessary for me!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker