Friday, March 11, 2011

Baked Potato Soup - Without the Guilt


We love soup at our house. Well my husband and I do. It is hard to tell what the girls "love" on a consistent basis besides pizza and chicken nuggets. And unfortunately in Michigan, March is still very much soup season. There is NEW snow outside right now. This soup was really good and my hubby said it was the best thing I ever made. This recipe was adapted from Gina's Skinny recipes, http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Soup%20Recipes . I altered the spices because we like a bit more than just salt & pepper. I also used blue cheese as a topper because I am OBSESSED with blue cheese.

I added the Weight Watcher points plus that I used but they are approximate. I really want to buy the WW scale so I can get a more accurate points on my potatoes.

Ingredients:
  • 5 potatoes = approx 12 points
  • 1 head of cauliflower = 0 points
  • 4 C chick stock (one carton) = 0
  • 3C Lactate free milk = 10 points (this is what we use at our house because we have milk issues you can use whatever kind of milk you prefer)
  • 1 C light sour cream = 7 points
  • Seasonings: salt, black pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, Worcestershire, parsley
  • Toppings: bacon, blue cheese, chives, cheddar cheese
Directions:
  • Bake potatoes at 400 degrees for approx one hour; peel
  • Steam cauliflower until crisp tender
  • Combine potatoes, cauliflower, chic stock & milk; bring to boil; puree with immersion blender (Thanks to my sister for my Christmas gift. Love my immersion blender.)
  • Add sour cream & seasonings
  • Approx 4 pts for 1/8th of soup + toppings
If we can't get spring yet at least we can still enjoy our soup!!

1 comment:

Christin said...

Very fun trying new eats! We love potato soup around here too! Though we've never done the blue cheese topping - I'll have to tell Josh - He will love it! I also gob onions and celery in mine :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker