Monday, May 16, 2011

Eggplant "Pizza"


Eggplant "Pizza"
5 Weight Watcher Points Plus (for two slices of eggplant)

First of all let me start by saying this isn't actually pizza. In my world, you must be able to pick pizza up with your hands and this is definitely a knife and fork dish. BUT...this was very, very good. I got the idea from the Hungry Girl show and I was a bit skeptical. I really like eggplant so I thought I would give it a try. I was shocked at how good this was. I loved it!!! You could use turkey pepperoni to make this even healthier.

Ingredients
  • 2 slices of roasted eggplant = 1 pp
  • 2 T pizza sauce = 0 pp
  • 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese = 2 pp
  • 8 pepperoni = 2 pp
Directions

Top slices of eggplant w/ 1 T of sauce each. Divide cheese between two slices & top each slice w/ 4 pepperonis. I cooked mine on the pizza pizazz using the upper heat source only but you could do these in the oven.

Here is how I roasted the eggplant...

Slice an eggplant vertically into 6 slices. Mix 1 T olive oil with 1 T lemon juice. Add in salt & pepper to taste. Brush mixture on eggplant slices. Roast in a 400 degree oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or until soft. 1 pp for two slices of eggplant.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker