Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: 25 lbs down and Super Easy, Yummy Grilled Chicken


Grilled Lemon Chicken
4 Weight Watcher Points Plus (for a 5 oz serving)

Besides the weather, we had a great weekend! At my meeting on Saturday I hit a milestone - 25 pounds down! I feel fantastic and I almost can't believe it. We also got to celebrate our nephew's 2nd birthday with family.

On Friday, still faced with my mostly empty fridge, I made the easiest yummy grilled chicken. I loved it and my 3 year old inhaled hers. (Major victory!) This recipe is from the Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook. I didn't have chicken breasts and used chicken tenders instead. The only thing I changed was using more garlic because 1 clove is never enough for me.

Here are the details...

Ingredients:
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled (I used 2)
  • 1/2 t salt
  • 2 t grated lemon zest
  • 3 T lemon juice
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t dried oregano
  • 1/4 t black pepper
  • 4 (5 oz.) skinless boneless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders)
Directions:

1. With the side of large knife, mash garlic with salt until it forms a paste.
2. To make marinade, combine lemon zest & juice, oil garlic paste, oregano, and pepper in a large zip-lock bag; add chicken. Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally at least 30 min up to overnight. (I did mine during nap-time and grilled at around 5:30)
3. Pre-heat your grill. Take the chicken out of the fridge and bring close to room temp before grilling.
4. Grill on both sides until cooked through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Weight Loss Tracker